2019 Hobie Cat OASIS DUNE DLX
Stock Image: Ivory Dune
The Oasis is stretched-out and spacious, the more performance-oriented of Hobie's pair of tandems powered by the elegant, easy-to-use MirageDrive.
So speedy yet boasting a robust carrying capacity suitable for a weekend camping trip or fishing with enough gear to stock a tackle shop—there are four convenient hatches and a generous on-deck storage area, as well as molded-in rod holders. The Oasis gets the job done in style and comfort.
- Crew: 1-2 persons
- Length: 14 ft. 6 in. (4.42 m)
- Width: 33 in. (.84 m)
- Height: 19 in. (0.48 m)
- Capacity: 550 lb. (249 kg)
- Fitted Hull Weight: 93 lb. (42 kg)
- Fully Rigged Weight: 127 lb. (58 kg)
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
- Molded Carrying Handle: Ergonomic handles fitted to stainless padeyes make portaging easier and more comfortable.
- Large Bow Hatch: Enables easy access to the bow's stowage compartment. A security strap with a detachable clip tethers the hatch; abovedeck, Bungee® cords secure extra gear.
- Cup Holder: Cold, hot or somewhere in between--we've got a convenient spot for your favorite beverage.
- Sail Mount: The optional Mirage Sail Kit's mast securely steps onto a deck-mounted fitting. Enjoy added power without complication; Mirage Sail Kits make sailing fun and easy.
- Mid-Boat Carrying Handle: These ergonomic handles are bolted onto either side of the kayak's cockpit, making it easier to negotiate launching ramps or transport.
- MirageDrive 180 with ST Fins: Revolutionary hands-free propulsion system. When pedaled, the flexible fins assume the shape of a propeller blade, providing forward motion with each pedal stroke.
- Rudder Control: Soft handle makes fingertip steering easy.
- Vantage CT Seating: New state-of-the-art design, with 4-way adjustablity for more comfort in the cockpit or on the beach, Enjoy breathability, infinite flexibility and better visibility.
- Mesh Stowage Pocket: Easy access and safe stowage for the things you reach for most. Now made with rubber for improved durability.
- Rod Holder: These molded-in holsters securely tote your rods, are perfectly angled for trolling and can accommodate a gaff, nets and other gear.
- 8" Twist and Seal Hatch: An efficient corkscrew mechanism ratchets down this hatch, keeping stowed items secure irrespective of the sea state. The lid is permanently attached to its base via a hinge, so you don't have to worry about leaving it at last night's campground.
- Rear Cargo Area: Big adventures demand plenty of gear. These molded areas and Bungee® tie-downs ensure that it's still there when you get to camp.
- Large Twist and Stow Rudder: Hobie's Twist and Stow Rudder is there when you need it, gone when you don't. Simply pull one of the T-shaped control handles to engage or disengage the retractable-rudder system. Fingertip-operated steering makes driving a snap.
- Powered by MirageDrive 180: The ungainly paddle is replaced by the sheer efficiency of the MirageDrive 180, the original pedal kayak drive. With the largest human muscle group now in play, kayaking becomes easier and more efficient than ever.
- Adjustability begets comfort: The Vantage seating system provides the comfort needed for long stretches out on the water. The seat-back, bottom, height, and lumbar-support are all easily adjustable.
- Twist and Stow Rudder: Hobie's Twist and Stow Rudder is there when you need it, gone when you don't. A standard accessory on most* Mirage models, the retractable-rudder system is engaged and disengaged with a pull of the T-shaped control handles. ( Shown on the Mirage Outback )
- Slate Blue
- Red Hibiscus
- Papaya Orange
- Ivory Dune
- Seagrass Green
- Length Overall
- 14 ft. 6 in. (4.42 m)
- 33 in. (.84 m)
- Dry Weight
- 93 lb. (42 kg)
- Max Person Capacity
- 1-2 persons
- Max Carry Load
- 550 lb. (249 kg)