2019 Hobie Cat COMPASS CAMO DLX
Stock Image: Camo
Set your course with the new Mirage Compass, the newest addition to Hobie's fleet of award-winning pedal kayaks.
Simplicity defined, its time-tested MirageDrive pedal system with Glide Technology moves you easily through the water. Outfitted with a breathable mesh seat, the Compass offers maximum stability and an oversized cockpit and flat deck for standing. A sharp turning radius makes this fishing kayak nimble in tight quarters, yet able to speed over open water in stealthy fashion. Kayak fishing features include molded-in rod holders, H-Track accessory mounts and a transducer cavity ready for you to install a Lowrance® fishfinder.
- Crew: 1 person
- Length: 12 ft. (3.66 m)
- Width: 34 in. (0.86 m)
- Capacity: 400 lb. (181 kg)
- Fitted Hull Weight: 68 lb. (31 kg)
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
- Fully Rigged Weight: 87 lb. (39 kg)
- Excellent Hull Performance: The durable polyethylene hull hits the sweet spot between tracking and maneuverability. The oversize cockpit includes plenty of flat deck area for standing.
- MirageDrive Powered: The Glide Technology Drive features legendary bioengineered performance. For reverse gear, see our other kayak lines with the MirageDrive 180.
- Optimal Seating Design: The breathable mesh fabric is adjustable for comfort. Mounted at an ideal height for fishing, there's room for tackle storage underneath. Easily removable for use on shore.
- Storage Abounds: Bring your favorite gear along, including an H-Crate or Livewell. There's plenty of room in the mesh-covered bow storage area, stern storage area with Bungee tie-downs, and the 8-inch round Twist and Seal cockpit hatch.
- Accessory Ready: H-Track accessory mounts provide no-drill customization for the utmost in rigging flexibility.
- Easy Steering System: When you want to paddle or need to transport your Compass on shore, the spring-loaded rudder folds flush. Automatically kicks up if you hit something. Easy grip rudder handle provides fingertip steering.
- Two Rod Holders: The Compass comes ready to fish from the factory.
- Carrying Handles: Conveniently located midship, bow and stern.
- Drink Holder: Keep your drink close at hand.
- Two-Piece Paddle: Negotiate surf-strewn beaches and rocky inlets with the included Two-Piece Paddle with Fiberglass Shaft.
- Powered by MirageDrive: The MirageDrive pedal system with Glide Technology features legendary bioengineered performance. Power forward virtually hands-free.
- Introducing the Mirage Compass: Explore a new direction with the Mirage Compass. Slide easily across the water and navigate forward virtually hands-free.
- Set Your Course with the New Mirage Compass: The Compass is confidently stable and pleasantly nimble, ideal for wildlife watching, camping, or leisurely cruising through splendid scenery.
- Lowrance® Ready System: The Hobie Mirage Compass comes standard with a built-in transducer mount and includes through-hull cable plugs. (Lowrance transducer not included.)
- Seagrass Green
- Slate Blue
- Papaya Orange
- Length Overall
- 12 ft. (3.66 m)
- 34 in. (0.86 m)
- Dry Weight
- 68 lb. (31 kg)
- Max Person Capacity
- 1 person
- Max Carry Load
- 400 lb. (181 kg)