2019 Hobie Cat ADV ISL HIB DLX
Stock Image: Red Hibiscus
An absolute joy on the water, the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island is impressively approachable.
Ride the wind: A roller-furling, vertically battened mainsail provides lift, a retractable centerboard prevents lateral slip, and the larger amas tuck parallel against the rotomolded polyethylene hull for docking. Multiple hatches, on deck stowage and Vantage CT Seating encourage multi-day adventures, and the MirageDrive with Glide Technology offers paddle-free locomotion when the wind scatters, making it easy to get home. The “AI" is also an exceptional bluewater-capable fishing platform. Equip the accessory trampoline kit for extra space and walk-around capability.
- Crew: 1 person
- Length: 16 ft. 7 in. (5.05 m)
- Width: 27.5 in. (.7 m)
- Height (Akas Off): 15.5 in. (0.39 m)
- Height (Akas On): 17 in. (0.43 m)
- Beam (Amas Folded In): 44 in. (1.12 m)
- Beam (Amas Out): 9 ft. 6 in. (2.9 m)
- Capacity: 400 lb. (181.44 kg)
- Fitted Hull Weight: 102 lb. (46 kg)
- Fully Rigged Weight: 185 lb. (84 kg)
- Mast Length: 16 ft. 6 in. (5.03 m)
- Sail Area: 65 ft² (6.04 m²)
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
- Large Bow Hatch: Enables easy access to the bow's stowage compartment. A security strap with a detachable clip tethers the hatch; abovedeck, Bungee® cords secure extra gear.
- MirageDrive 180 with ST Turbo Fins: Revolutionary hands-free propulsion system. When pedaled, the flexible fins assume the shape of a propeller blade, providing forward motion with each pedal stroke.
- Kick-up Centerboard: Built-in, fully retractable, kick-up centerboard
- Mesh Stowage Pocket: Easy access and safe stowage for the things you reach for most. Now made with rubber for improved durability.
- 8" Twist and Seal Hatch: An efficient corkscrew mechanism ratchets down this hatch, keeping stowed items secure irrespective of the sea state. The lid is permanently attached to its base via a hinge, so you don't have to worry about leaving it at last night's campground.
- Cup Holder: Cold, hot or somewhere in between--we've got a convenient spot for your favorite beverage.
- Rudder Control: Soft handle makes fingertip steering easy.
- Vantage CT Seating: New state-of-the-art design, with 4-way adjustablity for more comfort in the cockpit or on the beach, Enjoy breathability, infinite flexibility and better visibility.
- Rod Holder: These molded-in holsters securely tote your rods, are perfectly angled for trolling and can accommodate a gaff, nets and other gear.
- Rear Cargo Area: Big adventures demand plenty of gear. These molded areas and Bungee® tie-downs ensure that it's still there when you get to camp.
- Molded Carrying Handle: Ergonomic handles fitted to stainless padeyes make portaging easier and more comfortable.
- Powered by MirageDrive 180: The ungainly paddle is replaced by the sheer efficiency of the MirageDrive 180, the original pedal kayak drive. With the largest human muscle group now in play, kayaking becomes easier and more efficient than ever.
- Adjustability begets comfort: The Vantage seating system provides the comfort needed for long stretches out on the water. The seat-back, bottom, height, and lumbar-support are all easily adjustable.
- Lowrance® Ready System: The Hobie Mirage Adventure Island comes standard with a built-in transducer mount and pre-installed through-hull cable plugs. (Lowrance transducer not included.)
- Hobie Island Club: Join the Hobie Island Club with your fellow Adventure and Tandem Island owners. Hobie Island owners are now sailing on oceans, rivers, lakes and waterways in over 40 countries worldwide.
- Red Hibiscus
- Ivory Dune
- Length Overall
- 16 ft. 7 in. (5.05 m)
- 27.5 in. (.7 m)
- Dry Weight
- 102 lb. (46 kg)
- Max Person Capacity
- 1 person
- Max Carry Load
- 400 lb. (181.44 kg)