2014 Mercury ME90EXLPT CT 4S
Meet the Newest Members to Mercury's FourStroke Family
What if you could hang a lighter, lower-horsepower FourStroke outboard on your transom without sacrificing speed, hole shot, driving experience or sheer pulling power? What if that outboard also delivered increased fuel savings, hassle-free maintenance and rugged reliability?
- Mercury’s world-renowned engineering team has packed incredible power into these lighter, compact four-cylinder single-overhead-cam engines. The 115hp weighs 20 pounds less than its closest four-stroke competitor, making it the world’s lightest low-emissions outboard in its power range. The result is greater acceleration, improved fuel efficiency and a serious repower option for older boats not designed for heavier four-strokes.
- Less weight and high displacement mean Mercury’s new 75 – 115 FourStrokes generate abundant torque and immediate power. Because they don’t have to work as hard as heavier engines or those with lower displacement, these engines make boats plane faster, accelerate better and provide optimal fuel efficiency at cruising speed. With these outboards in your arsenal, you can beat your competition to the fishing grounds and keep casting long after others head for home.
- Mercury engineered these FourStrokes to rank among the lowest-friction engines on the water. Specialized crankshaft oil dams and bearings minimize the amount of oil left suspended in the crankcase, so the crankshaft encounters minimal resistance. As friction is reduced, less power is needed to run the engine – leaving more power available to run the boat efficiently. The valve train is low-friction and contributes to the efficiency of the total package.
- Customers tell us they can barely hear these outboards running — especially at idle — because Mercury successfully reduced noise and vibration in these next-generation FourStrokes. The result is an ultra-smooth ride and the ability to enjoy nature without overpowering it.
- Sound-Absorbent Cowl: The tightly sealed cowl is lightweight, compact and thermo-bonded to keep noise inside. The top-mounted throttle body lets Mercury technicians fine-tune intake noise for a more pleasing sound.
- Focused Mounts: Mercury’s exclusive Focused Mount System significantly reduces vibration, which in turn increases engine durability and life. Equally important, it provides a smoother, more enjoyable driving experience.
- Save money and time with these incredibly easy-to-maintain FourStrokes. Every inch of these engines is designed with ease of maintenance in mind, including an exclusive lifetime maintenance-free (yes, you read that right!) valve train.
- No-Spill Oil Change: A convenient drip tray beneath the automotive-style, spin-on oil filter catches any residual oil in the system after the sump is drained. You can change the oil faster with no muss, no fuss.
- EZ Change Fuel Filter: No tools are needed to change the filter; an easy-access bracket holds it securely while you pop it out with just two fingers. Swapping for a fresh filter takes less than a minute.
- Maintenance-Free Valve Train: Thanks to “Lash for Life” valve train technology, available exclusively on Mercury’s FourStroke outboards of 75hp and higher, you’ll never have to take your outboard to a technician for an expensive valve-lash adjustment. Unlike other four-strokes, these truly are maintenance free.
- DIY Instructions: When routine service is needed, it’s nice to have the instructions posted where you can immediately find them. Use your smartphone to scan the QR code on the maintenance label under the cowl and it will link you to a Mercury mobile site with handy “how to” online videos.
- A new Mercury FourStroke can re-energize your boat by providing better acceleration, all-out performance and precise maneuverability. The 75-115 FourStrokes are engineered to deliver two-stroke-grade power-to-weight ratios. That makes them a great fit — even for older boats with transoms that can’t handle the added weight of older four-stroke engines. If your boat is already rigged for Mercury just bolt it on and go.
- The 90hp and 115hp FourStrokes are available with Mercury's mighty Command Thrust package. The larger “CT” gearcase and 2.38:1 gear ratio, paired with Mercury’s V6-class bigger-diameter propellers, provides greater acceleration, better handling, awesome maneuverability, and superior stopping power.
- HP/kW: 90 / 66.2
- Full throttle RPM: 5000-6000
- Cylinder Configuration: I-4
- Displacement (CID / CC): 126
- Displacement (L): 2.1
- Bore and Stroke (in / mm): 3.5 x 3.2 in. (90 x 81mm)
- Fuel Induction System: Computer controlled Sequential Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Ignition: SmartCraft ECM 07 Digital inductive
- Alternator Amp: 35 amp / 441 watt
- Cooling System: Water-cooled with thermostat
- Starting: Smart Start Electric
- Gearcase Ratio: 2.38:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Gearcase Options: Command Thrust
- Steering: Dual Cable Mechanical, Hydraulic, or Big Tiller
- Trim System: Power Tilt, Power Trim
- Exhaust System: Through prop
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
- Engine Protection Operator Warning System: SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Shaft Length: 25 in. (635 mm)
- Dry Weight: 363 lb. / 165 kg
- Engine Type
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.5 x 3.2 in. (90 x 81mm)
- 2.1 L
- Smart Start Electric
- Shaft Length
- 25 in. (635 mm)
- 363 lb. (165 kg)
- Trim Method
- Power Trim
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 90 hp (66.2 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000-6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.38:1 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- Computer controlled Sequential Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- 35 amp / 441 watt
- Water-cooled with thermostat
- Dual Cable Mechanical, Hydraulic, or Big Tiller
- Three-year limited factory-backed warranty